Hello everybody. Today I’m going to show you all how to add Trakt to Kodi 17. This is a particularly useful tool to keep on track of what shows you have watched, when you may use multiple devices.
I use this now as I have a device in my bedroom, living room and on my phone and it works absolute wonders. So follow the step below, and you’ll be set up in no time!
This add-on works on any device running Kodi, but these instructions are tailored to the latest version of Kodi. If you are using Jarvis then the steps are the same, but following the old layout.
- Click on Add-ons
- Then the folder icon in the top left hand corner
- Then Install from Repository
- Find the Repository Kodi Add-on Repository and click on it
- Next, Go to Programs Add-ons and click on that
- Then click on Trakt
- Now click on Install in the bottom right hand corner
- You will then be presented with the version click on the latest
- Then once you have clicked on that, you will see the Trakt add-on enabled notification in the top right and a tick to the left of trakt to tell you it has installed
That means that Trakt is now enabled on your Kodi device, so follow the below steps to get it activated.
- Go into the sub menu of Trakt
- Highlight General, Then click on “How do I Authorize”
- You will then be given a code. It is very important that you keep this code.
- When you have your Trakt code noted down you need to head over to HERE This will take you to the Activate site.
- Enter the code you noted down earlier, then click continue, then yes.
Your Trakt account is now activated, so follow these steps now to configure the add-on. We’re nearly there! You have to more or less go through the same principle for it to work in each of your add-ons. I am currently experimenting with S.A.L.T.S (I’ll be uploading an install guide shortly) so will use this as an example.
- If we go to our add-ons and Highlight S.A.L.T.S then right click with mouse or Menu button on a remote (depending on your device) we will get the sub-menu option.
- Once you see that click on Settings.
- Then Highlight Trakt tv on the left and then click on “How do I Aurthorize”
- And again you will be give a code which you will need to make a note of. with this one you will also have a countdown in seconds so if it elapses you will have to go through the last 3 steps again.
- Then head over to HERE
- Again enter the code when prompted and then click continue, and yes.
- You should notice that this one is stating that you are allowing S.A.L.T.S to use your Trakt account.
That’s it everyone. I hope you have found this useful.
If you’re using our Sky Q skin the principle is the same, you’d just follow the new layout. The same applies if you’re using our Sky HD build, or in fact any other skin or build.
If you haven’t yet checked out the Sky Q Build head over to this page and take a look. IAmJames has been working really hard on this, and even the Alpha release is fantastic so go and check that out.