Sky Que Sneak Peek
With this preview, we show you the final look of the main menu with the exception of the Kodi logo (Which will be removed) and the Now playing information that is showing up in the top left and may be moved to near the mini tv display. Other than that this is very much the look you will get when we release the build. We have currently managed to build this with only 5 Addons (BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, Freeview, Youtube and Covenant) meaning if it works out better we can release this as a skin to download and then if you don’t already have the add-ons installed you would just need to install them for the skin to function properly. Also, we have decided we are calling this build SkyQue (Pronounced Sky – Cue). Let us know if you think you’ve got a better name for it.
- Setup the correct layout for all sections
- Setup My Q Section
- Added Sports, Music, Online Videos Sections
- Corrected the layout of the Settings section
- Added Rss feed location to bottom left (this can be turned on or off)
- Set up menus to be switched on or off from the settings page so if you want to turn off all the kid’s stuff just do so in the options and all Kids related menus will disappear.
*Please understand some features are subject to change and the final release may look completely different.
- To start things off we’ve got the My Q section featuring up to 50 tv shows, films and sports that will display in a random order every time the build is loaded meaning you’ll have a fresh page of videos every time you want to look. This section will periodically update with new videos.
- Up next is the Catch-Up TV section that has undergone a huge make over since the last time you would have seen it. It now resembles the proper look of the Sky Q layout with the same new layout within the sub-menu with the same providers you would have seen on our Catch Up TV preview.
- Sky Box Sets has also seen an overhaul since the last sneak peek. Now boasting the correct layout with the Boxart on display and set out into a tightly pack grouping with the same layout within its submenus.
- Pressing “i” or the info button will bring up the shows Title, Description and also the fanart in the background. This is the same across the build.
- Next up is the Sky Cinema section that is now more densely packed than previously shown with the top option being a random film and the rest a list of pre configured films. The submenu features the same dense layout.
- Next the Sky Store is laid out much like the Cinema section just it features a mixture of TV shows and movies for your enjoyment
- The Sports section follows and here you’ll have access to an array of sporting highlight slit into categorises within the submenu so you can catch up on any sports you’ve missed out on. You won’t find any live sports channels here as you’ll have either access to the add-ons within the Online Videos section or you’ll have the live channels in the TV guide.
- The Kids section is full of easily accessible content for kids of all ages with a sub menu featuring Kids Sky Cinema and Kids Channels you’ll easily have the little ones entertained
- The music section is next and here you’ll find easy access to some of the latest tunes aswell as the great classics that everbody loves.
- Online Videos is the next section and here you’ll have quick access to your recently used Video addons aswell as a sub menu to help you install new addons and easily find the ones you already have installed.
- The Settings section will have it’s sub menu located to the side of it so you have quick access to anything you need and also you devices CPU and RAM usage shows at the bottom to help with troubleshooting. We also place the build information here so you’ll always know if you’re up to date.
- Here the Help Section will contant helpful videos for fixing and tweaking the build. The current video you see is just a place holder.
- Finally, the My Account section will just be a little information about the build and us.
We are just over 200 hours into this build and it is coming together beautifully. Let us know your thoughts on how it looks